Official Contest Rules
No Purchase Necessary
1. SPONSOR: The “BINGO FACEBOOK CONTEST” (the “Contest”) is conducted and sponsored by the Edmonton Sun, a division of Sun Media Corporation. (herein referred to as “the Sponsors”).
2. CONTEST SCHEDULE: This Contest commences at 12:00 a.m. Mountain Time on February 17, 2013 and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. Mountain Time on March 23, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). This contest consist of 35 daily rounds, each round commences at 12:00a.m. Mountain Time and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. each day. Entry Forms must be received before the contest closing time for the winner selection (the “Draw Closing Time”) to win the Prize. The draw for the Prize will take place as per the following Monday, February 25, 2013 at 10:00AM Mountain Time for rounds 1-7, Monday, March 4, 2013 at 10:00AM Mountain Time for rounds 8-14, Monday, March 11, 2013 at 10:00AM Mountain Time for rounds 15-21, Monday, March 18, 2013 at 10:00AM Mountain Time for rounds 22-28, Monday, March 25, 2013 at 10:00AM Mountain Time for rounds 29-35 at The Edmonton Sun (the “Draw”).
3. NOTIFICATION: A winner list will be not be published. Prize winners will be contacted directly by phone to the provided phone number in UPICKEM. If the winner is unable to respond to the Edmonton Sun promotions representative two days after a message has been left to accept the prize the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn as a replacement.
4. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest. To submit an entry to the Contest, fill out the online entry form located on the Contest site at: www.edmontonsun.com and enter your Facebook Bingo code word, which can be found on facebook.com/edmontonsun. Limit of one entry per person per email address per day per household during the entry period. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Multiple Entries by the same person or from the same e-mail address or from the same person from different e-mail addresses in one day shall result in disqualification. All Entries must be submitted no later than the end of the Entry Period. All Entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. Entries will only be accepted online. Illegible, incomplete, late or garbled Entries will be disqualified. No Entries will be accepted by any other means, including but not limited to regular postal mail.
5. DRAW DETAILS: If necessary, should the Prize be unclaimed, or should the Selected Entrant be unwilling, unable or ineligible to win the Prize as set out in these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsors shall have the right, but not the obligation, to draw, as replacements only, any additional Entry Form(s). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Selected Entrants and Winners must comply with these Official Rules.
All determinations of the Selected Entrants and the Winners by the Sponsors are final and binding. No communication with Entrants will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. All matters related to the Draws and the verification of the eligibility of the Selected Entrants to be declared the Winners shall be conducted by the Sponsors, or by persons designated by the Sponsors, in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the Sponsors in this regard are final and binding and cannot be challenged. <br><br>
PRIZE: One (1) prize daily from February 17 – March 23 will be awarded the following:
- $100 Cash.
The Selected Entrant is responsible for paying for all other expenses associated with the Prize. The Selected Entrant understands that he or she may not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the Sponsors and each of their respective affiliates and their advertising and promotional agencies.
The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the Sponsors sole discretion. No prize is redeemable for cash and no substitute for any portion of any prize is offered. Should any prize winner be unable to claim any prize as awarded, his or her entry will be forfeited and another eligible Contest entrant will be selected in accordance with these Contest Rules and Regulations.
In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the winner, the Contest Organizers / Sponsors are unable to award the prize (or part of the prize) as described in the Contest Rules herein, they reserve the right to substitute a prize (or part of a prize) of similar nature and of equal value, or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prize (or part of the prize).
The Sponsors will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions or other factors beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent the Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, a winner will not be provided with a substitute prize or cash equivalent. The Prize will only be granted to the verified winner.
6. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and a resident of Alberta (an “eligible” entrant). You are not eligible if, during the Entry Period, you are an employee of the Sponsors or a member of the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brother, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) or household of any of the above persons, their respective affiliates, agents, licensors, associates, representatives and advertising agencies. All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Contest will be determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
7. DECLARATION OF WINNERS:
The Selected Entrant will not be declared a Winner until:
(a) The Sponsors have determined that the Selected Entrant is an Eligible Entrant pursuant to these Official Rules;
(b) The Selected Entrant correctly answers a skill testing question as set out in these Official Rules;
(c) The Selected Entrant executes a release and waiver in the form provided by the Sponsors.
8. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: To win the Prize, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer unaided, the mathematical, time-limited, skill-testing question printed on the Entry Form.
9. CONTEST MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION: The Sponsors reserve the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Contest in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is impaired or corrupted or is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions (including without limitation, computer viruses, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper conduct, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Contest. In the event the Sponsors are prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man made epidemic or health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war or any federal, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Contest.
10. PARTICIPATION:Participation in this Contest constitutes an agreement by each Eligible Entrant to comply with these Official Rules.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: It is each Eligible Entrant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has complied in full with all of the conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, each Eligible Entrant: (a) releases and agrees to hold the Sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and agents harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, bodily injury and property damage, or any other damage or loss, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in this Contest, any Contest related activity, or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, or participation in any Prize related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsors, and its respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and agents from any and all claims on the part of any third party or parties related in any way and for any reason to the Contest or to the Prize including, without limitation, death, and personal or property damage or injury.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entry Forms, which may be judged void, any notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entry Forms. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrants in this Contest.
14. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering this Contest, each Eligible Entrant whose Entry Form is drawn hereby agrees and grants to the Sponsors, without further compensation, the unrestricted rights, but not the obligation, to the use his/her name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, along with his/her address (City and Province) and any statements made by or attributed to such Eligible Entrant in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest and other promotions, without further notice or compensation and releases The Sponsors from any liability with respect thereto. The Edmonton Sun, a division of Sun Media Corporation, reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
15. OFFICIAL RULES AND LAWS: These are the official Contest rules (the “Official Rules”). This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. These Official Rules, as amended from time to time, will be posted online at www.edmontonsun.com. The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, and/or the Sponsors. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
16. CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Official Rules. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of the Sponsors. Employees of the Sponsors are not authorized to modify, amend or waive these Contest Rules.
18. UPICKEM and the Sponsors are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.